Monday, September 12, 2011

"What makes you hopeful?"

Surprisingly enough this question is not too difficult for me to answer.

What I witnessed this weekend makes me hopeful. My brother's wedding was the most normal thing to happen in/for/to my family in a very very long time. I think the closest we ever come to complete normalcy is when we have Christmas dinner, and even that is a bit of a stretch.

This weekend gives me hope that there is more "normal" to come.
I want it for all of us, but I know that I need it the most.
There is this [naive] part of me that longs to go back in time. If I could relive ages fetus - thirteen I would. 10x over. I would. I was so innocent [oblivious really...], so naive, so happy, so normal. I'd give anything to get that back, to feel that way again, but somehow they have talking toilets & robots in japan but have failed to really get that time travel thing going.

So what can I do?

I can make attempts to get obtain/attain (?) that normalcy here in my "adult" life...maybe?
Will it take a lot of work? Yes.
Is it even possible? Yes.
Can I do it? Eh...?

What do you think? Can I do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment