Saturday, March 31, 2012

whos coming to see titanic in 3D with me?




i know you probably just watched it on TNT & i know you already know how it ends, but COME ON! its TITANIC!

can you believe its been 15 years? i was 9 years old when TITANIC was released & i remember it like it was yesterday.

my older sisters promised me they would take me with them to see it, and then disappeared for the day leaving me nervous & panicked at the apartment window. "are they seeing it without me!?"
they didn't.
they came back for me & at some ungodly hour they let me tag along to the movies.
i don't know why i remember this so vividly, but we were sitting in the back row and then TITANIC happened & it was more than i thought it would be & i loved all 200,000mins of it.
cut to me having the soundtrack that was almost completely instrumental save for THE SONG.
who didn't love "my heart will go on"
only soul less people didn't love "my heart will go on"
i also had the vhs - it was 2 videos! remember? because the movie was 1,000 years long
how annoying was having to get up to put in the second video?
i wish i knew where that vhs was now because my dad hooked up our old VCR.
i swear i'd watch it right now in preparation for seeing it next weekend.

watching the movie all the way through without commercial breaks & without having to get up to rewind tape 2 will be amazingggg!

i can't wait! i love that they're bringing this back.
somehow this movie is a huge part of my childhood & it'll be nice to go back there if only for a little while.
super bittersweet because of how temporary it will be & because of all that has changed in my life since i was 9
& ya know watching jack freeze to death & sink down to the depths of the ocean for the 100th time is gonna suck too
but im ready for it!

if no one is down to see it with me i am totesss down to see it by myself...i'm just gonna have to have someone on reserve to come pick me up off the floor & out of the pool of my own tears.

i will be screaming "whyyyyyyyyyyy jackkkk whyyyyyyyyyy???!!" & sobbing uncontrollably

just a heads up.

oh & can we talk about young leo for a second please??? #LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment