Tuesday, March 13, 2012

If I end up on an episode of "extreme hoarding", will you still be friends with me?




Today was gorgeousssssssssssssssss!

...did anyone else spend the entire day inside?????
I woke up this morning with every intention of going to yoga class like I have been doing on all my days off since the beginning of the year but I couldn't even make it out of bed. I'm sure you've had those days where you're not feeling 100% - I wasn't even feeling 50%.
I went back to sleep for a couple more hours & woke up feeling very much in the mood for some spring cleaning.

We've all seen hoarders right? or at least know what a hoarder is? now I am no where near that level of pack rat-ness, but I definitely do have some hoarder tendencies.

I'll be making that huge move to Boston in a couple months, and I figured the least amount of old receipts, shoe boxes, credit card statements, commemorative maroon 5 "tea will be loved" snapple bottles I have the easier the move will be on everyone.

Things I am grateful for today:
Shredders
Ibuprofen
Law & Order: SVU marathons
Garbage bags

My aunt has this super high powered shredder that can even shred compact discs! yes, CDs! it shreds cds!
I used this awesome machine to get rid of old pay stubs, receipts, flyers, brochures, my 2010 commencement tickets...you know...things that normal people throw out, not stack up until its an unsightly mess of discolored paper.

I had about 10 newspapers - & yes a few are copies of the daily news my brother was in from june 2011 but i mean most people probably would have just cut out the article right? I stored all 5 copies for almost a year.

As I type, I am staring at a stack of 10 nylons, 3 glamours, & the june 2010 copy of vanity fair - you know the one with all the world cup soccer players in designer undies & no shirts?
its obvious why one would keep that one but what am I going to do with all these back issues of fashion/beauty mags? & why didn't they get tossed along with everything else I weeded out today?
I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
I'll spend the next couple of months trying to come up with a use for them & if I don't then they'll probably be moving with me!

I've been living back at home for about 2 years & if I was able to accumulate this amount of crap in the very small space that I occupy here, whats going to happen when i'm in my own house?
Will I have an entire wing of my house for my plastic/paper shopping bags?
did I mention that I have about 35 forever 21 shopping bags?

I seem to have a hard time letting go of things, people, places, thoughts, feelings...& apparently every paper I wrote in college.

Does anyone else feel like they are most definitely going to need that sociology paper they wrote freshman year one day in the distant future?

Don't we all still have a copy of our 2007 fafsa???

also,
when the state condemns my house & takes my children away because I make them sleep on beds made of old nylon magazines
will you still be friends with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment