Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Midnight Musings: Linsanity, #SBTB, Gentleman's Quarterly, & "Crazy kittens"




BALLIN
My brother & sister-in-law surprised me with a Knicks game tonight! & they actually won! 5th in a row? SHOCKING RIGHT?! & although the "Linsanity" has died down considerably, that hasn't stopped his legions of new fans from migrating from Taiwan, to New York, into MSG, & into court side seats in homemade "LIN-TAIWAN" t-shirts.
Jeremy's fans are loyal. This tiny bit of a "slump" [& i hesitate to say slump b/c he did score 15+ points tonight but in comparison to his 40+ points when he first came out of nowhere & blew everyones minds hes slumping...badly] won't stop them from putting a Knicks game high up on their list of things to do on their trip to New York City.
Spike Lee is pretty loyal too - still rockin' that LIN jersey, still yelling at the ref before the game even starts.
Can you believe he was actually at the game about 40 mins early & stayed until the very last second?
Oh & what I would give to have access to his season tickets -sigh-
Whats your favorite Lin pun?
Mine = "All I do is LIN, LIN, LIN!"
Least fav = "AMASIAN" <--- just terrible.

Mario Lopez vs. AC Slater
Can I just begin by saying that its quite possible that Mario Lopez has not aged a day since he started playing AC Slater? Mario lopez circa 1988 & Mario lopez circa 2012 are the exact same person minus the curly mullet.
I never really understood how someone could be haunted by a character that made them famous. I always felt that these child stars turned rebels were a bit ungrateful. If it wasn't for that role none of us would even care who you are - why run away from it? embrace it!
I don't think Mario has ever talked badly about his time at SBTB but if he had that would not surprise me. After all the embarrassing stuff they had him doing on that show he should just reject it completely.
Have you seen AC Slater dance? Have you seen AC Slater's hair? Have you heard some of AC Slater's lines?
Could AC Slater survive high school in 2012?

Why doesn't Glamour magazine have a sports section?
So I was in line at walgreens yesterday waiting to pay for the pack of tissues I actually went into the pharmacy for...& the gummy bears I picked up on my way to the line, when I looked down & saw Drake looking quite dapper on the cover of next month's GQ. Well obviously I couldn't just ignore it, I had to pick it up, and then of course I couldn't just read the entire thing right there in line! I had to buy it!
btw: you can get a pack of walgreens brand "facial tissues", gummy bears (in the gold bag...whats that brand again?) & a copy of GQ for a little under $8
So i'm sitting on the subway this evening on my way to Herald Square and I crack open the 1st copy of GQ of i've ever owned...& it is AWESOME!
You know when some guys say they actually read playboy for the articles? I totally get it!
but before I get to the articles can we just talk about the abundance of good looking men in this magazine?!
Gorgeous, tall, well dressed men who look like they smell amazing!
I'd definitely read Cosmo more if it had Calvin Klein Men's Underwear ads in them!
& why are the article's in women's mags so centered on weightloss & vaginal malfunction when men get hilarious anecdotes about mini van acceptance & the rebirth & evolution of the boat shoe?
GQ has a sports section! a sports section! The extent of the sports coverage in a women's magazine is what Serena Williams was wearing when she won the US open or something...
Men get a very random twitter-view with Ozzie Guillen while we get...nothing?
Glamour and Cosmo and Nylon seem to be just Health, Beauty, & Fashion while GQ is definitely LIFESTYLE. I've got to do a bit more research and if I like my findings I think i'm just going to become a "GQ man."

I hate cats
If you know me, you know this. Don't like them, never has, never will. Keep that cat away from me if it rolls its eyes at me I'm going to freak out & if it comes out of no where and rubs up against the back of my leg I am going to throw up.
Can one be a vegetarian without being an animal person?
Yes.
I am proof.
I don't eat animals. I don't like the torture and if I can survive without contributing to it i'm all for it!
Yes, I like my animals alive and free, but I'd also like them as far away from me as possible.
That goes for dogs too. I can deal with the small ones but if your dog is above my knee caps when creepily standing on its back legs i'm going to need you to lock it away somewhere. Its that simple.
That being said.
I'm moving in 5 months & I need to find a roommate or two or three or four.
Emerson started this facebook group for us accepted students to mingle and network and possibly work out a living situation and people are taking advantage BUT every post from someone looking for a roommate ends with "I have 2 cats!" or "I hope you like cats!" or "I hope you deal with a crazy kitten!"
WHY!?
Why does everyone have a cat?! why does everyone want to move cross country with their cat????
How I long for the days of on campus housing and their no pet rule. I just want to live with a human.
No dog, no cat, no snake, no bird, no lizard, no finish.
Just a human being.
Is that really too much to ask?????

That is all for now. i'm not proofreading this. forgive all typos.

-ru.

No comments:

Post a Comment